We demonstrate broadband superluminescent diode at ∼1.6-μm peak emission wavelength using InAs-InAlGaAs quantum-dash-in-well structure on InP substrate. The fabricated device exhibits the close-to-Gaussian emission with a bandwidth of up to 140 nm. The device produces a low spectrum ripple of 0.3 dB and an integrated power of 1.7 mW with the corresponding bandwith of 110 nm measured at 20 °C under 8 kA/cm2.
- Optical coherent tomography
- Quantum-dot (QD)
- Superluminescent diode (SLD)
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Physics and Astronomy (miscellaneous)