We report a reproducible plasmonic SERS device, composed of nanostars fabricated by means of electron beam lithography. Cresyl violet dye is used as a probing molecule, deposited on SERS device. Optical transmission measurements show a broad plasmonic resonance around 900 nm. SERS measurements were performed for this device using 633 nm and 830 nm excitation laser lines which are, respectively, far from and close to the plasmonic resonance band position. The estimated SERS enhancement is 1.7 104 and 5.9 104 with respect to the flat Au surface, when excited by 633 nm and 830 nm,respectively.
- Surface enhanced Raman scattering
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Surfaces, Coatings and Films
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering