We report on 10-Gigabit Ethernet (IEEE 802.3ae) fiber-optic transmission at 1.3-μm wavelengh utilizing high-speed GaNAsSb uni-travelling-carrier photodetectors (PDs) grown on GaAs substrate.With an optical bandgap of ∼0.88 eV, the PDs are suitable for near-infrared operation up to wavelengths of about 1380 nm. The dc responsivity and 3-dB cut-off frequency of the non-antireflection-coated PD at 1.3-μm wavelength are 0.35 A/W and 14 GHz, respectively. Using this GaAs-based GaNAsSb PD, an error-free (bit-error rate =10-12) transmission of 10-Gb Ethernet data at 1.3-μ m wavelength is successfully demonstrated.
- 1.3-μm photodetectors (PDs)
- Dilute-nitride-based photodetectors (PDs)
- Fiberoptic transmission
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering